Educational Therapy Services
Educational therapy offers students with learning differences a powerful opportunity for success. Clinical teaching allows students the time, privacy, and intensive practice needed to learn at a pace appropriate for true learning. A safe environment allows them to heal wounded self-esteem and believe they will succeed.
- Materials used are chosen based on the individual student.
- Lessons are tailored for unique level and needs based on careful, continuous assessment.
- Systematic progression of material allows for maximum organization of information.
- Multisensory methods of practice provide multiple pathways into memory.
- Students are taught strategies for learning, helping them become independent in their education.
- Lexia Reading software available for home use
In addition to working individually with students since 2003, I have 2 years experience as a Teaching Assistant for children with a wide range of learning differences. I am committed to my ongoing education and skill refinement.
- Master's Degree, Education, Holy Names University
- Educational Therapy Certificate, Holy Names University
- Language!®, training and supervised practicum, University of California, Berkeley
- Barton Reading and Spelling System®, Certified
- Lindamood-Bell, Seeing Stars®
- Wilson Reading System®
- Dyslexia and Orton-Gillingham Fundamentals course
presented by The Academy of Orton Gillingham Practitioners & Educators
- Association of Educational Therapists
- International Dyslexia Association
- East Bay Learning Disabilities Association
Preferred Academic Areas
K-5 — Reading, Spelling, Reversals, Writing, and Fundamental Math Skills
Middle School through Adult — Reading, Writing, Spelling